Soft Options (Systems) Ltd (“we”, “us”, “our”) specialise in providing computer solutions designed to fulfil the business needs of its customers. Our skilled consultants deliver cost effective systems to an expanding UK client base ranging from small businesses to corporate and public sector customers.
The data we collect about you
Personal data/information is any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We may on occasion collect, use and store different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity data – first name, last name
- Contact data – email address, telephone numbers, business/delivery/accounts addresses
- Technical data – we collate or analyse technical data such as your IP, Browser or Operating system although this will be collected by our websites that require you to log in. This is purely for technical reasons and security purposes. We may however ask for technical details by direct email/phone for the purposes of troubleshooting any issues you may be experiencing
- Marketing and Communications data – your preferences in receiving marketing and communications from us
- Professional data – any information we may collect in the course of providing our services to you
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide the required data, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us but we will notify you of this at the time.
How is your personal data collected?
We collect data from and about you using the following methods:
- Direct interactions – you may give us your identity, contact and professional data by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone or email
- Automated technologies – web cookies
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to and in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we have or are about to enter into with you
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing and communications at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing
|To respond to your enquiry submitted on our website, via email or by phone||Identity, contact, professional||Performance of a contract with you|
|To make suggestions to you about our products/services that may be of interest to you||Identity, contract, marketing and communications||Consent|
|To administer and protect Soft Options and the websites (including trouble shooting, data analysis, testing, support, reporting, security logging and hosting of data)||Identity, contact, technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests (fraud prevention, network security)Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
|To provide our products/services to you||Identity, contact, professional||Performance of a contract with you|
We may use your identity, contact, technical and marketing and communications data to form a view on what products and services we think you may need or be interested in knowing more about.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it and will contact you asking for additional permissions if we need to use your data for anything other than that previously agreed.
We have implemented appropriate security measures to ensure your personal data is safe and does not get lost or accessed, altered or disclosed in an unauthorised way. We also limit access to your personal data to those employees who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breaches and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for and to satisfy any legal requirements.
Your legal rights
You have a number of rights under protection laws in relation to your personal data. For further details please visit the ICO website.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data, however, we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. This time frame may be exceeded depending on the complexity or number of requests made. If this were the case you would be notified.
Lawful basis – Performance of a contract – processing personal data where it is necessary in order for us to provide services to you as agreed in a contract or take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Third Parties – We utilise TeamViewer for remote support purposes and Cisco Webex for conferencing and remote training. These services will only be used if you have requested IT support